Hunter Mill Swim & Racquet Club
MEMBERSHIPS AVAILABLE SUMMER 2018!
Apply online or email Kristen McBrayer at
** NVSL Division 2 Swim Team**
2017 Season Wishes and Year in Review
Now that winter is approaching and everyone is busy preparing for the holidays, I wanted to thank the Club's Board Members, Officers, Committee Chairs and Membership Families for an outstanding 2017 Season.
- Guardian Aquatics will be back providing lifeguards and daily management of the pool. The contract was extended for a 3-year term after assessing the 2017 season.
- Swim Team and the new coaches were a huge success. Unfortunately, Coach Jason and Coach Jay have other obligations for 2018. Jennifer, Hannah and Alicia are scouring the area for a new swim team coach. Details upcoming.
- Tennis courts were full all Spring and Summer – we were able to secure the services of Terrance for junior and adult classes. After some suggestions, we will moderate the court reservation system so more members have the time to block off and save court times.
- We finally got a new Tennis Ball Machine, it's in the small shed inside the court. There were some logistics in how to use it and instructions will follow in the Spring. In the meantime, contact Melissa if you would like access:
- Eileen secured new club house furniture, replaced the flooring, painted and got a new Hunter Mill entryway sign. We are currently getting estimates to replace all of the outdoor furniture while adding unique gathering spaces to make it more friendly with umbrella's.
- We have also secured estimates on repaving the parking lot and pathway areas.
- Our Webmaster Jeff secured a new domain name that we will begin using in 2018: www.hmsrc.org
- There will also be a new link for Member Comments and Suggestions. Every Members input is greatly appreciated and provides the board with direction on what we need to focus on. We will also try and make this an available option at the Check-In desk.
- Treasurer Terry has us back on track with QuickBooks being able to accept electronic payments for 2018. No more handwritten mailed checks!!!
- This will be Board Member Herb Carmen's last year as head of Pool Operations – we are asking for someone to volunteer and shadow Herb this year to take over his position for the 2019 season.
- We also have a Board opening for the Secretary's position. Michelle DiCintio's 3-year term has ended. Michelle has done an outstanding job and is still in the process of helping us update our By-Laws. Please contact Michelle at: if interested.
Again, thank you all for a wonderful 2017 and may all of your wishes come true.
Gregg Glogowski, President